NYS Ambulance Agency Leaders,
In the wake of the record breaking snowfall event in Erie County, the Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) Section of the Bureau of EMS is conducting a survey to determine the availability of EMS agencies able to respond to a request for emergency assistance under the State Mobilization Plan. Agencies assigned to respond to this event will be contracted with Erie County, NY and NOT New York State.
Please respond to this survey ASAP. Results will be polled at 1000 hrs. on November 20th and the survey will close at 1800 hrs. on November 20th.
Please consider the following when responding to the survey.
ALL AGENCIES ARE ASKED TO RESPOND TO THIS SURVEY REGARDLESS OF ABILITY TO DEPLOY UNITS.
- Funding for this deployment is as follows:
- BLS Unit $1,000/unit per day
- ALS Unit $1,200/unit per day
- The concept of operations is as follows:
- 12 hour operational periods (0700-1900 and 1900-0700)
- Accommodations including shelter & food will be available at the deployed location
- Staging/Deployment location is TBD
- All agencies will be covered by their own insurance
- Duration will be up to 7 days or more depending on call volume and volunteer participation
DO NOT RESPOND AT THIS TIME, THIS SURVEY IS ONLY TO DETERMINE AVAILABLE RESOURCES. AGENCIES WILL BE CONTACTED IF SELECTED FOR DEPLOYMENT
Donald Trzepacz Jr.
District Chief / Investigator
Emergency Preparedness and Response